Going through my notebooks for 2011 I came across my notes from the “Get Motivated” Seminar I attended. I don’t remember sharing them on my blog. I believe I initially thought…they were more business related versus family oriented. But in reviewing them, some of the principles that govern stable businesses are relevant for families as well. There is no corporation more strategic, valuable and intricate than a family. The added dimension of the complexities of a blended family rival that of merging two major conglomerates!
So review these nuggets with your family AND your business in mind. I hope something is recorded in them that will help you build and develop your strategic plan for 2012!
- During the time of change and disruption, seek and you will find opportunity.
- Take on the tough assignments.
- Be easy to manage, stay humble, meek and learn how to accept bad news.
- It may take several attempts to achieve success.
- Build your personal value and know what value add you bring to the table. [In nana's words you gotta be more than breath and britches]
- People from the the 2nd top country in this world wishes they were here with your opportunity.
- Even if you win the rat race, you are still a rat. Keep the main thing, the main thing.
- Work diligently to restore relationships. The crime problem is directly related to the father-son problem. This is why in the Jewish culture you find less of their young men in jail. Fathers in their culture, verbally bless their children often.
- “Why” is often more important than “how”. Understand motive and any “how” will do.
- What are you willing to do EVERY single day of your life?
- Keep it simple. Meet the customers’ need, make a profit. Business 101.
- If you finish last in medical school…you are still called doctor. So don’t be discriminate and think just degreed individuals are the brightest bulb in the pack. In 2010 93.9% of all billionaires in world never even finished college and if they did it wasnt until after they were wealthy. Wisdom is the principal thing, you can learn from anyone.
- W.I.N. “What’s Important Now”??
- First we will be the best, and then we will be first.
- Failure=succeeding at the wrong thing.