Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Year of Finality!


Happy New Year all !! For the Superfamily we are entering the Year of Finality. There are some things in every family that you finally need to deal with one way or another. There is a fork in the road of many decisions that need to be made, ideologies that need to be adjusted, past issues that need to be dealt with, hidden motives that need to be uncovered and new best practices that finally need to be integrated into your lives.
Individually, there are some finally's we need to deal with too. Some of us need to finally get over anger, laziness, unorganization, immaturity, weight gain, unhealthy habits, slothfulness, inactivity, procrastination, cut off a negative relationship, nurture another one, go to the dentist, read a book a month and much more..


Personally, for example there was more I need to do concerning sculpting the time and activity of my youngest daughter. I saw things that I needed to take the initiative on last year and I didn't do it. I was on it for the summer, but she missed out on other things that I should have had in place. Hopefully, this year I will do better to equip her to be the best she can be. For myself I HAVE to get my second book finished. I can't tell you how many people have mentioned reading my 1st book for the 2nd time. Its time, I just have to buckle down and FINALLY get it done.
So, I share that to say that I am not pushing anything out to my family that I haven't had to consider myself. I have one son that is going to finally go to check out a college, I have another who will finally try out for more sports teams, I have a daughter that finally started dancing again-will they "make it" in those particular areas??...who knows-depends on your definition of "make it"..but they are moving...making strides and gaining momentum as my Pastor would say and its something to say for at least finally trying.

So what's your finally for 2009. Just pick one...not even a whole list...This year I will finally_____ ....what? Whatever it is the Superfamily will be in agreement with you to get it done in Jesus name.

No comments: